Emails are Not trigerred from Sharepoint designer Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have a issue in getting the emails from sharepoint designer workflow. It shows that workflow is completed on the Tasks list but I have configured some emails on the list which are not triggered. For testing purpose, I have created a test list and just used send email action on the workflow pertaining to that list. It works fine. I am unable to find what might be the reason for this.

Please anyone shed some light on this

Thank You

Smith

smith
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:16 AM MS provide a pre-SP 2010 workflow forum. Use it for pre-SP 2010 workflow questions (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:56 PM

Answers

• Hello neerubee,

Thank you for the reply. I have configured Outgoing email settings in central admin. I figured it out, If I use send email action as a second action then emails are not trigerred on production I dont know why it is not happening on dev box. I have changed the workflow and made my send email actions as the first ones. Issue solved as of now.

Regards,

Smith

smith
    Friday, July 8, 2011 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Smith,

There are few suggestion in the following post, please refer to

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointworkflow/thread/2a0d8f1e-a481-42da-8d93-ec2c33af7c30

--Cheers
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:13 AM
  • Hi Smith,

Have you configured outgoing email settings in central administration in your SharePoint server? If not configure first and also check your log files and Event viewer for any errors.

Thanks & Regards, Neerubee
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:11 AM
  • Hello neerubee,

Thank you for the reply. I have configured Outgoing email settings in central admin. I figured it out, If I use send email action as a second action then emails are not trigerred on production I dont know why it is not happening on dev box. I have changed the workflow and made my send email actions as the first ones. Issue solved as of now.

Regards,

Smith

smith
    Friday, July 8, 2011 8:46 PM
  • Hello Prasath,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried those options but dint work.

Regards,

Smith

smith
    Friday, July 8, 2011 8:47 PM