none
Syncing Public Folder Contacts with local Contact Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts

I am facing a problem in Synchronizing Contacts from Public Folder to private contact Folder through Outlook Addin,

The Configuration i have set is as below,

- I have a list of Public Folders, User is allowed to select folders from which he/she wish to sync contacts to Local contact folder

- From selected Folders i am picking items and checking it with all local contact folder items.

- If all the properties of both the items are matching then I am skipping the item to be copied into Local Contact folder.

- If one of the item is not matching it will be added to the Local Contact folder.

- Once one Public folder is crawled entrierly i am picking another.

Currently in above scenario once one Public folder is finished it is not picking another but rather starting duplicate Items in Local Contact Folder.

My suspect is after my synchronization completes for one public folder, outlook is starting its own sync.

I want to understand and want solution as well on

1. How outllook is starting Sync any pre defined or configured setting.

2. In Outlook sync it is considering elimination of duplication of contacts or just putting it.

3. If i want to forcefully start sync of local contact folder and want to get status of Sync complete. how can be achived.?

4. What should be the ideal way of achieving such functionality

Please revert to me,

Regards,

Bharat

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Bharat,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm confused with the "Public Folders" and "Local contact folder". What's mean of "Local Contact folder"? Is it a specific folder on your machine's harddisk? Or it only a name of a MAPI Folder on your exchange server?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Bharat_nit Friday, May 17, 2013 12:59 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:04 AM