All objects are highlighted - Can't unselect by clicking LayoutRoot RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason, after a certain point when I was working on my SketchFlow screen, when clicking the LayoutRoot, it's not deselecting any items selected.  Before when I had something selected in blue, clicking the background would unselect it.  but now, everything is selected.  I can't get everything unselected by clicking the background.

Or on some components when I select it selects a ton of others on the screen at the same time where I have a bunch of blue selections... whereas when I select others only the one I select is highlighted which is right.

So I don't know what setting I turned on but I did this by accident somehow.  All I want to do is get it back to how it was working before.  Right now when I click the background everything has handles on it.  All blue.

C# Web Developer
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 4:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,
           Not very sure whats going on here but I will suggest you try using "Ctrl + Shift + A" (Select None), this is the short-cut key for "Edit --> Select None" option in Blend. See if this allows you to de-select all elements on the artboard. If you still facing this issue let us know and we will investigate this further.

Thanks,
    Navit Saxena
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:36 PM
  • Hmm are you drilled down to far.. is everything selected on the objects and timelines panel? is there a breadcrumb control dropdown in the user control of the design surface? do you have a link to a screen shot?

Don Burnett
    Friday, March 12, 2010 12:59 AM