OutOfMemoryException RRS feed

• Question

• I ran a loat test in i get these error messages:

Exception LoadTestException: Results collection stopped due to the following error: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. 

Exception OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. 

?!?!How can I fix that problem?

Erik

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 12:33 PM

Answers

• To fix the problem you first need to identify which machine has the problem and then try to determine why it's exhausting memory.  Let's start with identifiying the machine.

Which machine is running out of memory, and agent, controller, or some other machine?  Click on link for this error in the "Errors" table (click the table button on the Load Test Analyzer's toolbar and then choose Errors from the combo on the toolbar about the table).  This should show you more information about the error.

For example, one possibility is that an agent is running out of memory because it is overloaded (being asked to do too much).  One solution to this would be to use more agents.

Thanks,
    Rick

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 1:57 PM

All replies

• To fix the problem you first need to identify which machine has the problem and then try to determine why it's exhausting memory.  Let's start with identifiying the machine.

Which machine is running out of memory, and agent, controller, or some other machine?  Click on link for this error in the "Errors" table (click the table button on the Load Test Analyzer's toolbar and then choose Errors from the combo on the toolbar about the table).  This should show you more information about the error.

For example, one possibility is that an agent is running out of memory because it is overloaded (being asked to do too much).  One solution to this would be to use more agents.

Thanks,
    Rick

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 1:57 PM
    • Edited by MJaspan Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:23 PM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:07 PM
  • This did resolve the issue and I can now run much bigger tests.

Life is Good
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:31 PM