none
WebDav and management of distribution lists RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with a client that has an existing solution in place that creates contacts in an Outlook public folder, via a SharePoint application with some custom business implementation.  Each of these contacts can belong to one or more groups.

The upper management in the company would like to be able to email all the members in these groups without having to add each member of the group to an email individually.

My solution was to create an Exchange distribution list for each group in the public folders.  I would then manage membership to these distribution lists in a SharePoint list event receiver (the details there are unimportant).

What I am looking for is some good resource on how to manage distribution lists using WebDAV.  WebDAV has to be the choice because the existing code already adds the contacts to the public folder using WebDAV.  The Outlook object model and Exchange web services are not an option (no LDAP access on their hosted solution)

Can anybody point me to some good resources.  They are EXTREMEMLY hard to find on the web.

Thank you kindly,

Greg Robinson
    Friday, May 15, 2009 7:04 PM

Answers

• Greg,

WebDAV is not a Microsoft extension. This forum supports the Open Specifications located here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc203350.aspx. If you have any questions related to the publically published specifications and Microsoft specification information regarding WebDAV we will surely assist. Otherwise you may want to traverse webdav.org or search for relevation information via bing.com

Dominic Salemno
    Senior Support Escalation Engineer
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:47 PM

All replies

• Greg,

We have received your inquiry and someone from our team will be following up with you shortly.

Dominic Salemno
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 6:40 PM
  • Greg,

WebDAV is not a Microsoft extension. This forum supports the Open Specifications located here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc203350.aspx. If you have any questions related to the publically published specifications and Microsoft specification information regarding WebDAV we will surely assist. Otherwise you may want to traverse webdav.org or search for relevation information via bing.com

Dominic Salemno
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:47 PM