none
Visual Studio 2013 Runtime Error *The Operation could not be completed*

Question

• I am encountering an error in Visual Studio 2013 that occurs when I press the 'Start' button.

When I press Start I get the error message saying The Operation could not be completed, however once I click OK and then press start again the build completes and the program runs.

The program is stored on a server and I am making the changes on my laptop directly into the server.

There doesn't seem to be anything in the Build or Error output which I think could be of help. Sorry I could provide more information

Thanks for you time and help

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Spudblair,

Does there have other error message after "The Operation could not be completed"?

Please create a new project to confirm whether this issue occurs with this specific project or all projects.

If just for this specific project, please remove the .suo file in your solution folder and then rebuild your project. And if the problem still exist, please create a new project and then move the original project files to the new project one by one, which can help us confirm which file causes this issue.

If all projects have this issue, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:14 AM
  • Hi Spudblair,

This issue may be caused by various reasons. Please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot your issue:

1. Please insure that in your machine .NET 4.5 or advanced version has been installed. If it is installed, please re-installed again.

2. Find the devenv.exe, right-click it->choose property->campatibility->uncheck all options in set. Then restart your VS.

please refer to this link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1890806/the-operation-could-not-be-completed-classfactory-cannot-supply-requested-class

Best regards

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Spudblair,

Does there have other error message after "The Operation could not be completed"?

Please create a new project to confirm whether this issue occurs with this specific project or all projects.

If just for this specific project, please remove the .suo file in your solution folder and then rebuild your project. And if the problem still exist, please create a new project and then move the original project files to the new project one by one, which can help us confirm which file causes this issue.

If all projects have this issue, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:14 AM
  • Hi Spudblair,

This issue may be caused by various reasons. Please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot your issue:

1. Please insure that in your machine .NET 4.5 or advanced version has been installed. If it is installed, please re-installed again.

2. Find the devenv.exe, right-click it->choose property->campatibility->uncheck all options in set. Then restart your VS.

please refer to this link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1890806/the-operation-could-not-be-completed-classfactory-cannot-supply-requested-class

Best regards

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:45 PM