need to help for designing a complex pricing application and its database RRS feed

• Question

• User-875744750 posted

Hello

I have to develop a web application , to the calculation of the aviation fuels  oils prices for airline company

is based of complexe calculation,there is a lot of  calculated data from another calculated data

my team does not know where he can start, he is not accustomed to this type of project.

how we design this kind of systems and its database? is there the best practices or design pattern?

it should be known that the calculation is done in several stages according to my information.

For step # 1:

the user must determine:

• decade (the price is calculated every 10 days).
    • the price put in FOB.
    • the selling price (is the price given by the marketing  committee of the company ).

For step # 2:

determine the exchange rate .

For step # 3:

The calculation of the margins and deduce the applied margin for airline company.

For step # 4:

from the data of step 2, another price called base price well be calculated

For step # 5:

from the data of step 1,2  3, and 4  and also by following criterias the final price calculation of aviation fuel oil, is calculated:

• the quantity of aviation fuels oils
    • the national and international airline company
    • fuel storage installation margin zone.
    • type of flight (scheduled flights and spot flights).

Saturday, September 7, 2019 3:51 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

my team does not know where he can start, he is not accustomed to this type of project.

how we design this kind of systems and its database? is there the best practices or design pattern?

You should take a Domain Driven Design approach to this kind of project, where your team talks to domain experts on the client side and models the application based on the information they provide.

Monday, September 9, 2019 8:40 AM
  • User379720387 posted

The calculation aspect comes into play when you have the data in place to run the calculations on.

First step is to better understand the current business process (the domain): ask them to show you what they do and how they do it. Most likely there will be a few spreadsheets involved, showing fuel costs, exchange rates, etc. What they will tell you will be the input for the data structure.

For a project like this you will probably need to take an iterative approach and focus on the core problem first, then add functionality around it.

Guess this is called DDD!

P.S. I sent you a private message

Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:37 PM