Issue with getting Event Hub JSON into StreamAnalytics RRS feed

Answers

• Sorry, my free trial ran out.  We have gone with a different solution.
    • Marked as answer by Zafar Abbas Friday, September 18, 2015 12:27 AM
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 7:57 PM

All replies

• I'm trying to setup a produciton version of EventHub -> StreamAnalytics -> DB and BI

currently running into a number of issues.

The current blocking issues are in  EventHub->StreamAnalytics.  The query I wrote creates a table to define the data types and aggregates some data on a window to put into the database.  Sampled production data works fine.  This means I can run it from the console Query page using the Test button and I see the correct results.When I run the process some data gets into the database but I receive a number of Data Conversion Errors.   Previously I'd see some of them in the management services view associated with the Stream Analytics process, but now nothing is showing.  Even when something showed, it was often confusing why.  Such as, 'my_string_variable' had trouble converting to the correct type or parse error missing terminating " before 'some_other_variable'.  The input data is all coming from a node process that is stringifying a dictionary, so I'm confused by the parsing errors I'm receive.  It might help to set the data that caused the error.  Is this possible in Azure?

Thursday, August 27, 2015 7:37 PM
  • Hi Brent,

Could you please post more details from the Azure operation logs (under management services) for us to investigate this further? If you copy and send one of the last failing entries that should have all the Ids we need to look up your job.

Thanks

Zafar Abbas

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:44 PM
  • Brent, could you please respond with your job data? or you can send them directly to azstream@microsoft.com and we can follow up from there.

Zafar Abbas

Thursday, September 3, 2015 5:42 PM
  • Sorry, my free trial ran out.  We have gone with a different solution.
    • Marked as answer by Zafar Abbas Friday, September 18, 2015 12:27 AM
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 7:57 PM
  • Brent, Sorry to hear about your free trial ending. Which different solution have you gone for. Can you share

thx

Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:35 PM