none
floating tablices RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report in visual studio 2008.  I have a matrix which is of variable height followed by another matrix.  How does one make the latter fall directly below the former (tablix) element regardless of its height for any instance?  How does one keep them touching?
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From my testing, other controls such as Textbox will be placed as well as Matrix. You can just place them below some data regions in Design mode, and then preview the report to have a check. If some elements are not in the correct place in your report, please post the RDL file with sample dataset to the following E-mail. Then I can provide you further assistance.

E-mail: sqltnsp AT Microsoft.com (Please replace AT with @)

Thanks,

Tony Chain

• Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:36 PM
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you need to place the one matrix just below another? If so, we can achieve this by manually place the second matrix below the first one. We can set the Location properties to make exactly control to keep them touching. So, what happens in your report in this way? If it doesn’t work fine, we can also use a table with 2 static cells vertically and nest 2 matrices in each cell.

If you it is not what you want, please post a picture of an example and I will give you further assistance.

Thanks,

Tony Chain

Friday, September 24, 2010 7:56 AM
  • Could you please flesh out the statement "set the Location properties."  The upper matrix doesn't end at a fixed location.  It has a variable number of rows.  Perhaps the table solution is what I need.

thank YOU!

Friday, September 24, 2010 12:09 PM
  • Table doesn't work.  It requires a dataset and I'm using seperate datasets for each of these cells.
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:08 PM
  • Hi,

By generally, if the upper matrix has a variable number of rows, the below matrix will be displayed after it dynamically.

For example, I have achieved this by below steps:

1.    Specify 1 to the Top property in the Location category of the first matrix.

2.    Check the Height property in the Size category of the first matrix, which is 0.75 in my report.

3.    Specify 1.75 to the Top property of the second matrix. Then the second matrix will be displayed just below the first one with touching each other.

After that, when I preview the report, even the upper matrix extends with rows, the second matrix always just below it.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Tony Chain

Monday, September 27, 2010 8:56 AM
  • What about for other elements?  I tried to add a textbox below and I can see its frame outline "under" the matrix.
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:29 PM
  • Hi,

From my testing, other controls such as Textbox will be placed as well as Matrix. You can just place them below some data regions in Design mode, and then preview the report to have a check. If some elements are not in the correct place in your report, please post the RDL file with sample dataset to the following E-mail. Then I can provide you further assistance.

E-mail: sqltnsp AT Microsoft.com (Please replace AT with @)

Thanks,

Tony Chain

• Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:36 PM
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:18 AM