none
using the online search in outlook with cached mailboxes in the fslogix container RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

we are using fslogix more than 2 years. for this time we used cached mailboxes with a cache duration of a year. we reduced the period to 3 months. the search works fine within the last 3 months, but when we want to search older emails and klick on the link provided in the outlook search

- you either get 0 results

- or get all the mails from the inbox folder

but never find an older email, which is not in the cached mailbox.

do you have a solution, how we can reduce the cache period and use the online outlook search, if the mail isn't in the result set.

looking forward hearing from you.

sincerely

Berny

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 8:33 AM

All replies

• hi, i forgot that this happens only for the second mailbox in the outlook profile. the search in the main mailbox works perfectly. 

we have some users, who have full access to a team mailbox. this mailbox is added as a second mailbox in the account settings. we did this, because we wanted for this mailbox an other cache duration, as the standard mailbox. and of Course for the generated search index.

I tried to add the mailbox as an additional mailbox in the standard mailbox. in this setting, the second team mailbox is always in the online mode, search works. but the loading duration is very slow (mailbox is aprox. 45 GB of mails for one year).  

if I check in the advanced settings: download shared folders. the mailbox is getting cached the standard ost file. but you don't get any search results from this mailbox. the search looks only in the main mailbox and not in the added one. but the performance in outlook in this team mailbox is good. (changing folders, moving mails, ...).

does someone has a better solution for me? thx for your help.

Friday, February 7, 2020 8:47 AM
  • any news?

have the same issue

Friday, February 28, 2020 7:39 AM
  • same issue too...

https://www.nexsys.it/blog

• Edited by frhell Wednesday, July 22, 2020 5:09 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2020 5:08 PM