none
Dimension to measure link RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I've got a question regarding dimension to measure link in OLAP cube. I have measure with ID and value and dimension with ID, name, surname. I made link with ID. However, there is problem, some IDs in measure are missing. As a result, it gives me error, while processing. How it can be overcomed?

Thanks.

Regards,

Yerkhan

Saturday, June 15, 2019 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Yerkhan,

You could change your table in datasource view like below

Use join syntax to find data corresponding to the fact table, then it won't prompt error for key missing.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:09 AM

All replies

• Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:50 PM
  • Hi David,

I've done this for cube and it worked. However, it works if I make "Process" for Cube section, if I click "Process" on Database, it gives me same errors as before. How can I make custom error configuration, so database process will work?

Regards,

Yerkhan

Sunday, June 16, 2019 5:30 PM
  • Hi  Yerkhan,

When you import the dimension table, you could try to use join syntax to get  IDs which are in fact table, then when you process cube or database, this will be work.

select d.*  from dimensiontable d join facttable f on d.id=f.id

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 17, 2019 1:49 AM
  • Hi Zoe Zhi,

Could you please explain a bit more? I'me quite confused regarding how to implement this code.

Thanks.

Regards,

Yerkhan

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:14 AM
  • Hi Yerkhan,

You could change your table in datasource view like below

Use join syntax to find data corresponding to the fact table, then it won't prompt error for key missing.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:09 AM