LaunchUriAsync() isn't doing anything. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I must be missing something, as I've seen a few samples that accomplish what I am trying to do which is take the user to a website. Here's my code, and every time success is false, but I don't have any indication as to why that would be the case. I am not getting any errors of any kind, just nothing happens.

private async void HyperlinkButton_Click_1(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
    	var success = await Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new Uri(@"http://www.bing.com/"));
    	if (success)
    	{
    	}
    }

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Running VS 2012 RC and Windows 8 RP

Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:00 PM

Answers

• Have you specified the privateNetworkClientServer capability in your apps manifest?
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:22 PM

All replies

• Have you specified the privateNetworkClientServer capability in your apps manifest?
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:22 PM
  • Hey I saw that this was required, I thought that "privateNetworkClientServer " translated to "Internet (Client & Server)" in the Capabilities list, however I see now that that is translated to "Home or Work Networking". Thanks! Also, I thought it would give an access denied exception if I tried to use a capability that wasn't declared. Oh well, thank you!

Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:30 PM