none
error 25007 during install RRS feed

• Question

• recently i tried to install an application wich requiries framework 2.0 since i 100% have it i was thinking "maybe installation bug"
    now i uninstalled and tried to install again but get
    error 25007 failed to install fusion
    i tried deleting policies and vb80 folders
    i cant install 3.5 framewor too installing comes to 99.99% and stops
    is there any way to automatically uninstall all frameworks and install them again
    (i dont want to install fresh system)
    Thanks,
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Suljo,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

First, could you please let me know your OS and Service Pack level?

Second, you said you cannot find mscore.dll. Are you able to find mscoree.dll under folder “%windir%\system32”? if you cannot find it, I think the .NET Frameworks installed on your machine have corrupted already. I recommend you uninstall them all and reinstall them.

Third, I also recommend you use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to verify the .NET Frameworks installed on your side.

If you have many version of .NET Framework installed, I recommend uninstall 3.0 and 3.5. Then try to install 3.5 SP1. To minimize the number of separate downloads and installs – if you install the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 first, it will automatically install the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2 for you, so you don’t need to install them separately.  Also, if you install older versions of the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 before installing the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, the 3.5 SP1 installer will automatically uninstall them as a part of its install process.  That means you will just end up wasting time if you install the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 before installing the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

You can download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=25150

For more reinstall information, you can refer to this article: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2010/12/22/10108400.aspx

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:16 AM

All replies

• Before trying again clear all the files in TEMP folder then follow the steps below. If the installation fails again, collect the logs "VSD* \ install.txt" in TEMP folder.

For "error 25007 failed to install fusion"

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/netfxbcl/thread/47c93410-2ee2-4dd1-812a-04475d50de7c/

1. Do you have the COMPLUS_VERSION environment variable set?  If you do, remove it from your environment variable and try to install the framework.

2. Rename mscoree.dll in %windir%\system32 and try to install the framework

3. Look in your registry.  If you had a previous version of the framework installed (beta 1, beta 2, etc), see if this key exists:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v2.0

Name: 50727

Data: 50727-50727

If you don't have that key, delete the keys that are there and try to install the framework.

Please mark those posts as answer which answers your question. Faraz
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:37 AM
  • ok, i already read that link and no luck
    i dont know what are you talking about COMPOUS_VERSION ??
    i dont have mscore
    i even dont have that registry entry
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:56 AM
  • 1. Leave the step 1

2. mscoree.dll can be located in system folder ( if you have any .Net Framework installed it will be there )

3. The complete path of the registry is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\Policy\v2.0\

delete the key 50727 in it.

You will need to clear this registry and then try again.

Please mark those posts as answer which answers your question. Faraz
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:04 AM
  • 2i have net framework 4.0 but theres no mscore.dll
    3. there is only net framework setup
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:34 AM
  • i need help !
    and as faster as posibile!

+i tried net framework 2.0 sp2 and get enother error!
    (i forgot what it was written) anyway error is 1603

Saturday, August 20, 2011 2:50 PM
  • Hi Suljo,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

First, could you please let me know your OS and Service Pack level?

Second, you said you cannot find mscore.dll. Are you able to find mscoree.dll under folder “%windir%\system32”? if you cannot find it, I think the .NET Frameworks installed on your machine have corrupted already. I recommend you uninstall them all and reinstall them.

Third, I also recommend you use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to verify the .NET Frameworks installed on your side.

If you have many version of .NET Framework installed, I recommend uninstall 3.0 and 3.5. Then try to install 3.5 SP1. To minimize the number of separate downloads and installs – if you install the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 first, it will automatically install the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2 for you, so you don’t need to install them separately.  Also, if you install older versions of the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 before installing the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, the 3.5 SP1 installer will automatically uninstall them as a part of its install process.  That means you will just end up wasting time if you install the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 before installing the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

You can download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=25150

For more reinstall information, you can refer to this article: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2010/12/22/10108400.aspx

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:16 AM