locked
Why do I get XamlTypeInfo.g.vb not found?

    Question

  • I have, in multiple scenarios, received an error with the message "XamlTypeInfo.g.vb not found". Because XamlTypeInfo.g.vb is a generated file, I can't be guilty of putting it in the wrong place, can I (or is there some setting that I could have somehow changed without knowing?)? I'm not even sure if the statement "XamlTypeInfo.g.vb not found" is actually correct, since when I do the show all files it is listed (and regenerated if I delete all the files in the bin/ and obj/ directories). What could be the problem, and how can I fix it? Thanks.

    Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:56 AM

Answers

  • I still don't know why I was originally getting it, but it is now stopped after I fixed a different error that I thought was unrelated, I don't know if it was or not. The other error was being sent to App.g.i.vb with a message of "The parameter is incorrect". The problem there was that one of my DataTemplates had an element with a Padding attribute with negative values, and once I made them positive, everything (including this post's problem) was fixed. Related? I don't know, but all is good for now.

    Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Thursday, May 7, 2015 12:37 AM

All replies

  • You don't provide enough information to know for sure, but I suspect that a clean build will fix the problem.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:29 AM
    Moderator
  • I'm not quite sure what information you need me to provide. Are there settings or configuration I need to supply? Is there something about the way I have my project structured that you need to know? I can provide whatever is necessary, but I tried cleaning and rebuilding the app, and it did not help.

    Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 3:25 PM
  • Where and when do you get this error? What are the multiple scenarios? Are there any other errors before or around it?

    Can you provide a minimal repro project which demonstrates the problem?

    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 11:47 PM
    Moderator
  • I still don't know why I was originally getting it, but it is now stopped after I fixed a different error that I thought was unrelated, I don't know if it was or not. The other error was being sent to App.g.i.vb with a message of "The parameter is incorrect". The problem there was that one of my DataTemplates had an element with a Padding attribute with negative values, and once I made them positive, everything (including this post's problem) was fixed. Related? I don't know, but all is good for now.

    Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Thursday, May 7, 2015 12:37 AM
  • Related! Incorrect Xaml can lead to cascading errors. There should have been information in your build or debug output about that.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 12:46 AM
    Moderator
  • Thank you for that information, I'm sure it will be useful at some point, I guess I didn't make any connection because it didn't show any unhappiness with my XAML and it kept saying "not found" rather than complaining about the code (or if it did, I didn't see it, but I guess we all miss things sometimes). Thank you, all information could end up helping at some point in the future.

    Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:43 PM