none
netTCPBinding streamed endpoint and integration with a WIF STS server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm wondering if there is any way, via configuration, to secure a net.tcp endpoint that streams its content via WIF.  

We have an STS server I'd like to authenticate with between the host and client.  All configuration information I can find on setting up System.Identity for use with WCF is based on HTTP endpoints.  I can't find any information either way regarding net.tcp.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  FYI, I'm using 4.5, so all the Microsoft.Identity information that is out there is worthless to me.  TIA.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>All configuration information I can find on setting up System.Identity for use with WCF is based on HTTP endpoints.  I can't find any information either way regarding net.tcp.

For your question, maybe you can try to refer to this article:

#TCP Federation with Windows Identity Foundation:
    http://marshaledthoughts.com/post/TCP-Federation-with-Windows-Identity-Foundation.aspx .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 13, 2013 7:45 AM
  • FYI, I'm using 4.5, so all the Microsoft.Identity information that is out there is worthless to me.

That article is pre-4.5 and relies on things (such as the magical Federation Utility wizard and solution templates) that aren't available without installing VS 2010 and the old SDK.  The APIs have changed, and the referenced tools hide the information that I need from the article.  

Nice try.

Friday, December 13, 2013 5:30 PM