Server Is : Win2003

SQL SERVER 2005 Installed on Same PC

Domain Name is : Test

User : Administrator he is a build in Admin,

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Thanking in advance.

EVENT LOG 1:

Login failed for user 'TEST\administrator'. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

EVENT LOG 2:

The description for Event ID ( 11609 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product: Microsoft Connected Services Framework 3.0 Developer Edition Lite -- Error 1609.An error occurred while applying security settings. Power Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install. Unable to locate the user's SID, system error 1332, (NULL), (NULL), (NULL).

Monday, November 6, 2006 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hello Siraj,

Is there any domain called "Test" in the environment you are working? If yes then you need to enter the Domain Administrator credentials.

Please check if you have entered the local machine Administrator credentials.

The installation will not proceed if you enter the local machine Administrator credentials.

Regards,

Vikram

Monday, November 6, 2006 2:40 PM

All replies

• Hello Siraj,

Is there any domain called "Test" in the environment you are working? If yes then you need to enter the Domain Administrator credentials.

Please check if you have entered the local machine Administrator credentials.

The installation will not proceed if you enter the local machine Administrator credentials.

Regards,

Vikram

Monday, November 6, 2006 2:40 PM
  • Hi vikram,

Thanks for reply,

But I have only one user call Name as "Administrator" , Type as User and Descrption as "Built-in account for administering the computer/domain"  in by Active Directory.

Now i have logged in as

User : Administrator

Pass : *******

Domain : Test

Now when i try to execute the CSF DevLite edition on the 2 step it list the SQL SEVER, After select the SQL Sever Install on same box. I get the  below error : in by SQL ERROR LOG file and event viewer, as

2006-11-08 17:14:10.17 Logon       Login failed for user 'TEST\Administrator'. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

PLEASE let me know what to do,

Thanking you againg for Reply

-Siraj

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 12:00 PM
  • Siraj,

Can you try one thing for me? Try making a new user and add provide it with admin privileges. Check the same user in the SQL Server and try to create a database using the same user name.

This will confirm that you have rights on the date base. Apart from that please tell me the installation directory of SQL Server.

Happy Learning,

Venu

Thursday, November 9, 2006 6:35 AM