none
ribbon RRS feed

• Question

• how do ypu make a homemade ribbon ?

i inherited a database from my predecessor and he created asomething that the access ribboon replaces by a custmmade ribbon how do you do that ?

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:23 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:24 PM
  • i' ve looked at the website you proposed, but i do not find anything of that in my database, i don't find an xml file eiter

the database looks like this and it is the part under "invoegtoepassingen i need"

Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:01 PM
  • Goto the Navigiation Pane. Right-click on the panes title area and goto Navigiation Options. Check Show System Objects. Now you should see a table named USysRibbons.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:13 PM
  • thanks i found the file its name is

HideTheRibbon

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
     <ribbon startFromScratch="false">
      <tabs> <tab idMso = "TabHomeAccess" visible = "false"> </tab>
      </tabs>
     </ribbon>
    </customUI>

but what i don't find is where i can change the items  Keuken , klanten , feesten ...

Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:49 PM
  • Well, can you purge the database and put on OneDrive?
    Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:19 PM
  • although this string is marked as answered I will add my 2 cents.  In my experience a custom ribbon does not have a good cost/benefit.  Which is to say it takes a lot more development time.  It is typically far more efficient, development time-wise, to hide the regular ribbon altogether - and then put the features you seek to be available into the user interface - i.e. forms using command buttons to print, etc. 

I realize this may not be true if there are many forms involved or some features - but in general I have found this to be true.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 7:31 PM
  • Ok, it's a menubar, part of the start form: mmenubalk. It's a legacy.

You should switch to ribbons. Cause menubars are no longer supported.

Friday, March 25, 2016 2:44 PM
  • #OMG that 's something really old then ... Many Many thanks !

Friday, March 25, 2016 3:32 PM