none
How to I check if string length equals zero in C#? RRS feed

• Question

• I have if statement if C# and I want to add a condition to check if string length equals zero for xml code 

<xsl:when test="(Cancelled='True') and (string-length(RescheduledReason)=0)">Cancelled</xsl:when>

Here is what I already have but I have not checked string length for RescheduledReason =0. This is what I need help to add it to my if statement.

//HearingCancelled 

if ((objxmlNode.SelectSingleNode("Cancelled") != null) && (objxmlNode.SelectSingleNode("Cancelled").InnerText == "True"))                       

{   

objPrepHearDoc.Hearing.Settings[i].SettingStatus = "Cancelled";                     

}

• Edited by winkimjr2 Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:05 PM formatted the if statement
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi winkimjr2,

• Again, without seeing your input XML it is impossible to come up with any suggestion.
    • I think that I already suggested to you to start using LINQ to XML in c#.
      It is available in the .Net Framework for more than a decade.
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:18 PM
  • Check this:

If( … && string.IsNullOrEmpty(objxmlNode.SelectSingleNode("RescheduledReason")?.InnerText))

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:46 PM
  • Try this out:

HideCopy Code

if ((objxmlNode.SelectSingleNode("RescheduledReason") != null) && (objxmlNode.SelectSingleNode("RescheduledReason").InnerText.Length == 0)

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:09 PM