Blend 4 Rc build error RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Blend 4 RC today.  Also purchased and installed VS 2010 yesterday.  In Blend 4 RC I get an error msg when I try to build a project.  The error says that the specified solution configuration, "Debug HPD", is invalid.  Please specify a valid solution config. eg. MSBuild etc.  It does build in VS 2010.  But, only after running a suggested SL update.  The update is something that I also ran yesterday for SL4.  However, each time that I run it it fails on RIA services,  which I have installed and un-intalled several times.  Yet, still can't build anything that I do with the new insallation of Blend 4.  Can anyone tell me how to change the specified build configuration in Blend 4 RC?  Thanks.   
    Sunday, May 2, 2010 9:09 PM

All replies

• Please take a look at this thread: http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/blend/thread/49ecf82d-bd67-4cc0-bd5d-87a0ded0fee0

If you delete the environment variable, things should work. Please also note that this is not an issue specific to Blend, you will not be able to build the same solution at the command line, for instance.

Thanks,
    Unni

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, May 3, 2010 12:57 AM
  • Thanks Unni,

I first deleted the key value for platform under environment, which is what the error msg seems to suggest, but that didn't work.  Just want to be sure that I understand you clearly before I take the next step.  You are saying to delete the whole environment variable from the registry.  Is that correct?  Thanks for your help.

Monday, May 3, 2010 7:42 PM
  • Yes, that is correct. Also, you will need to restart the machine (just to be sure, though re-logging in might work).

Thanks,
    Unni

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, May 3, 2010 11:30 PM