none
UWP ads not showing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am developing an app for windows using xamarin forms, when i did test the ads-in-app it shows with test account while i do the testing locally.

then i changed the application ID to the one i got in the Dev center which is the same as the app publish ID, and published the app for private group. i can't see the ads in the publish app in Microsoft store.

could any one help me with this?

Thanks

Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Abdullam09,

> i changed the application ID to the one i got in the Dev center which is the same as the app publish ID

Did you Create ad units and replace the test Ad unit Id before publishing your app to the Store? 

> published the app for private group

For the private app, I am suspecting it could be a not wise configuration or your app is not receiving a lot of traffic for folks to bid on it. Would it be possible to capture a live fiddler trace from a machine showing the ad ? 

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 8, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Thx for the reply,

Yes i did create a banner ad, and used the unit id and application id provided in that page.

For me it's fine if it's not showing ads becz it's a private group as long i did the setup right.

I just want to know that everything is fine before i make it public.

Monday, October 8, 2018 7:17 AM
  • Hi Abdullam09,

If your app is able to display ads for the test during testing, the ads will normally display when it is released with live application Id and Ad unit Id  to the Store.Please feel free to post here if you encounter any problems.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 8, 2018 9:02 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

So based on you last reply, even if my app is published for private group it also should show the ads only if i did the ads live configrconfig right?

Or still i have to publish it for public to see the ads?

Thanks

Monday, October 8, 2018 6:44 PM
  • Hi Abdullam09,
    Sorry for the delay reply.If your app published for private ,it is not wise configuration to receiving a lot of traffic for folks to bid on it. in other words, it may make a affect on the fill rate. So it is a better way to publish it for public to see the live ads.I am now working hard on consulting relevant team to find out whether there is any such restrictions of a private application not sending/receiving an ad request/response.I will update here if I get the response.
    Best regards
    Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:49 AM