none
Which platform(XNA, WPF, Unity3D) is more comfortable for developing 3D environment? RRS feed

• Question

• As title,

XNA seems more comfortable to develop 3D game, but WPF has more resources and samples on internet for MS Kinect SDK.

and Unity3D can't support MS Kinect SDK(.net 4.0)? 

Because I want to use a 3D human model to represent skeleton information, it's means users can control this 3D human model using Kinect.

Could anyone gives some suggestion or idea?

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• TrackD (its a sdk for 3D and also helps with putting other device togther) was something i attemped to help someone on but they gave me little information to go on.

Also, try something with your avatar first to get a feel for how everything moves.

• Edited by The Thinker Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:43 PM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:42 PM
    • Proposed as answer by The Thinker Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by skyicesnow Wednesday, January 4, 2012 5:34 AM
    Monday, December 19, 2011 10:43 AM
  • I would use xna though because torque x is a great software (which im going to buy if they provide it again) and uses xna code and you would just import avatar character and vehicles into torque scene and program him.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda
    • Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:28 PM
    • Proposed as answer by The Thinker Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by skyicesnow Wednesday, January 4, 2012 5:34 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:27 PM
  • Thank you The Thinker and Ghrenig!!

Sorry for so late to respond this post...

Thanks yours suggestions and links.

Thanks!

oh...I find the missing files, I can run this project! Very thanks!!!!
    • Edited by skyicesnow Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:37 PM Solved
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:26 PM
  • TrackD is for implementing other devices with kinect but torque x (xna mixed with wpf for windows games and apps) is for game dev but could be easily used for simulations because of its ease of programming. just remember that it might take reading though a book and asking one or two questions on their forums before you get the hang of it or you could ask xna guys (cant remember forum link but if i remember i will post here).

Also, if your question was answered mark the answer and if someone else also posted a helpful post please mark it so that they can be notified.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:43 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:31 PM