Analyse changes in a picture on a webpage RRS feed

• Question

• User-2074670109 posted

Hello,

I'd like to know if there's a way to analyze changes in a picture shown on a web page.

I have a friend who created a game : you see 6 people standing, when a person changes his facial expression, you need to click on him and thus receive one point. I'd like to automate this procedure, but I don't know if there's a way to "tell" my c# program to look for any changes in facial expression.

Do you know if it is possible ?

John

Sunday, July 26, 2009 6:25 PM

Answers

• User-525215917 posted

Check out classes from System.Drawing namespace. You can read a square (or rectangle) from picture when it changes and compare it with same area on new picture. If they are not matching byte by byte then something is changed.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:12 PM

All replies

• User-525215917 posted

Image analysis in code is pretty complex topic if you have only photos as input data. Can you tell more about your current solution? May be there is some way how to play it around easily.

Monday, July 27, 2009 3:49 AM
  • User-2074670109 posted

I thought about creating a square around and tell my program to check if there's a change (like a string comparison). Only problem is I don't know how to do that, and if you say that image analyzing is pretty complex (and I'm a c# beginner), maybe I should drop from this idea :)

Monday, July 27, 2009 6:56 AM
  • User-2074670109 posted

I thought about creating a square around and tell my program to check if there's a change (like a string comparison). Only problem is I don't know how to do that, and if you say that image analyzing is pretty complex (and I'm a c# beginner), maybe I should drop from this idea :)

Monday, July 27, 2009 6:59 AM
  • User-525215917 posted

Check out classes from System.Drawing namespace. You can read a square (or rectangle) from picture when it changes and compare it with same area on new picture. If they are not matching byte by byte then something is changed.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:12 PM