TFS Project permission RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I have been using TFS for my current project since last 5 months so i have basic knowledge how it works, but recently we have to give an access of our code to third party user is there a way we can give only read only access example they can only view the code and can't Modify or delete.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Shabbir

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 10:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Shabbir,

For your scenario, you can add the third party user to be a team member in Readers group. In the permission of the Readers group, set the source code related permissions such as check-in, check-out to deny. Or you can set the permission of the user "Edit project-level information" to deny, then the user will not able to modify the code.

Best regards,

Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Shabbir,

For your scenario, you can add the third party user to be a team member in Readers group. In the permission of the Readers group, set the source code related permissions such as check-in, check-out to deny. Or you can set the permission of the user "Edit project-level information" to deny, then the user will not able to modify the code.

Best regards,

Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:38 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, I don't meant by work item, I want restrict to modify my source code through TFS ?

Kind Regards,

Shabbir

Thursday, June 4, 2015 3:56 PM
  • Hi Shabbir,

Onece the user is added to be a team member of the team project, then you can set its permission of "edit project-level information" to deny if you're a project administrator. Then the user will not able to modify your source files.

Best regards,

Friday, June 5, 2015 8:14 AM
  • Thanks, Where do i find this option in TFS 2013 for permission of "edit project-level information" to deny as i am Project administrator

Kind Regards,

Shabbir

Friday, June 5, 2015 8:20 AM
  • Hi Shabbir,

You can check the permission on security page of team web access, check the screenshot as below:

Best regards,

Monday, June 8, 2015 9:20 AM
  • Thanks Charles

Current status of Edit project-level information : Not set 

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:09 AM