Background Tasks - Raw Notification Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a question about raw notifications and background tasks:

• Are raw notifications and their corresponding background tasks subject to the quiet period specified by the user? The documentation on quiet hours said some background tasks are subject to it, but I don't know if that includes tasks for raw notifications.

Thanks for answering my question in advance!

Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:48 PM

All replies

• Hi, Jonathan

You can cancel a background task by specify the BackgroundTaskCancellationReason.

Also, the background task was cancelled because the device entered the quiet hour’s period which subject to users. Background Row notification task also can do some. You can refer to the link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh977052.aspx

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, November 1, 2013 2:28 AM