Vista Ultimate 64-bit (sql express 64-bit) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    Does anyone know the download link for a 64-bit version of sql express? This has to be for Vista 64-bit.
    Thanks
    Jack
    Friday, April 11, 2008 2:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to the MSDN forums.

Technically, AFAIK, there is no 64-bit verson of SQL Express. However the version given in the link below can be installed on 64 bit OS.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=83387

HTH,
    Suprotim Agarwal

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:20 AM
  •  

I will give it a try thanks for the help..

Jack

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:25 AM
  •  

When I install I get a error on "Failed to find the ASP.Net version registration with Microsoft internet services (IIS)

any sugestions

Thanks

Friday, April 11, 2008 4:24 AM
  • Hi,

Try running aspnet_regiis.exe to register ASP.NET

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1269577&SiteID=1

HTH,
    Suprotim Agarwal

Friday, April 11, 2008 4:41 AM
  • Whats difference between SQL 2005 Express Edition and link that you provided?

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:05 AM
  • - ASP.Net Version Registration Requirement (Warning)

ASP.Net Version Registration Requirement

Failed to find the ASP.Net Version Registration with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).

i dont really run IIS, do I still need that?

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:15 AM
  • Hi,

The exe in the link provided contains some extra functionality to be able to run on 64-bit systems. It is however a 32-bit exe.

HTH,
    Suprotim Agarwal

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:37 AM
  • yes, i already installed it, it works... sort of...
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:55 AM
  •  

Hi

I searched for the file you said to register but can not locate the aspnet_regiis.exe Is this somthing else I need to install?

Thanks for the help,

Alpajack

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:15 PM
  • Hi
    I downloaded and installed the 1st time and got the iss message. I was told I need dot net so I installed 3.5
    When I go to install here is the error log. Notice how it says valid x64?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    ALPAJACK

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.3042.00
    ==============================
    OS Version      : Professional  (Build 6000)
    Time            : Tue Apr 15 23:23:46 2008

MEOWLY-PC : Failed to find the ASP.Net Version Registration with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
    Machine         : MEOWLY-PC
    Product         : Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)
    Product Version : 9.00.3042.00
    Install         : Successful
    Log File        : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0018_MEOWLY-PC_SQLSupport_1.log
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Product         : SQL Native Client
    Error           : An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli_x64.msi'.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Product         : Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
    Install         : Failed
    Log File        : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0018_MEOWLY-PC_SQLNCLI_1.log
    Last Action     : InstallFinalize
    Error String    : An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli_x64.msi'.
    Error Number    : 1706
    Product         : Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
    Install         : Successful
    Log File        : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0018_MEOWLY-PC_SqlWriter_1.log

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:34 AM
  • Hi,

This is error is most likely caused by asp.net not registered. You can find the asp.net_regiis in the following drive C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 . Also check Web Server Extensions in your IIS to see if ASP.NET is allowed.

A link to help you out:

http://blogs.msdn.com/bwelcker/archive/2007/03/19/candy-apple-grey-installing-ssrs-and-windows-vista.aspx

HTH,
    Suprotim Agarwal

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:52 AM
  • Go all the way to the bottom of the main SQL 2005 Express download page and click on the links to the 64 bit versions.

Or click below...

For the 64-bit install of SQL Server 2005 Express Edition, click here

For the 64-bit install of SQL Server Management Studio Express, click here

Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:33 PM
  •  Apollo7771 wrote:
    Go all the way to the bottom of the main SQL 2005 Express download page and click on the links to the 64 bit versions.
    Or click below...

For the 64-bit install of SQL Server 2005 Express Edition, click here

For the 64-bit install of SQL Server Management Studio Express, click here

Dear friend,

Thanks, all links works fine [my OS: Windows Vista Ultimate 64].

No problem anymore with SQL express 2005 stuff for 64bits.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 2:12 AM
  • try => From the Add/Remove Programs removed the existing SQL Native Client installation => setup again
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 5:37 AM
  •  

Thanks, I thought this would do it as it got further than the other SQL2006 Express installation. But it got to

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Setup
    ------------------------------

None of the selected features can be installed or upgraded. Setup cannot proceed since no effective change is being made to the machine. To continue, click Back and then select features to install. To exit SQL Server Setup, click Cancel.

I don't already have SQL express

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chas

Friday, October 10, 2008 4:18 AM
  • Thanks so much for you link - it worked for me after so many hours of trying ! Now I have to get ASP 2.0 Express for the full compatibility.
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 8:16 AM
  • Hello together!
    Sorry but my english ist not very well.

I have a simmilar problem and I hope you can help me.

On my machine runs Windows Vista 64 Bit Business and I try to install Microsoft SQL server 2005 Express SP3 for x64 - but I get an error code during the installation. On my System is MS Framework 3.5 installed. I can't install 2.0 also.
    Further IIS 6.0 is installed.

In front of the setup the setup-program checks my system configuration.
    All is fine but I get an warning massage by the asp.net.
    64-Bit ASP.Net ist registrated. 32-Bit ASP.NET is necesarry for the setup of Microsoft Reporting Services 2005 (32 Bit)

I have found the following link in this threat:  http://www.tryexcept.com/articles/2007/07/18/installing-sql-server-2005-express-in-windows-vista.html

I have tried to follow the information - but I can't do it exactly.
    Because I haven' the following check boxes:
    Web Management Tools

• IIS 6 Management Compatbility
      • IIS 6 Scripting Tools
      • IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
      • IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility

And the following scriopt don't work too: cscript %SystemDrive%inetpubAdminScriptsadsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1

TITEL: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup

------------------------------

From the SQL Server-Setup can't create a connection to the the database service for the server configuration.
    Error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The Database name wasn't found, and it was no standart driver named.
    Furhter information you can find unt er the protocolls...

And another strange think which I have found:

If I open the ODBC-Management I can't configure any driver - but If I open the  \WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe\ I have a lot more dirvers and I can also configure it.

Please can you help me to install the SQL-Server  2005 Express on my pc - I haven't any more ideas !!!

Thanks and sorry for my bad language knowledges.
    Alex

If I ignore the warning massage the setup will run till the following point where the programm will start the SQL-Server.
    The SQL-Server runs for a few seconds and then I got the following error code:

(free translation from me)

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:30 PM