none
Windows 10 IoT Core on the Intel Galileo RRS feed

• General discussion

• We wanted to create a section that addresses some common questions that users of Galileo boards might have as they relate to Windows 10 IoT Core:

Q: I joined the Windows Developer Program for IoT last year and thought as a part of that I would be receiving a free Galileo development kit.

A: Thank you for your question on these kits. We received an overwhelming response to our developer program and unfortunately we have run out of kits to distribute. We wish to apologize for any inconvenience. While you will not be receiving a kit, there are a number of websites where you can purchase an Intel Galileo board listed on our website. Once you have a board you can download our Windows image and Visual Studio extension from here and here respectively. 

Again we did not anticipate such a response and we apologize any confusion in this process.

Q: Can I run Windows 10 IoT Core on the Intel Galileo Gen 1 or Gen 2 board?

A: We have no plans to bring Windows 10 to the Intel Galileo board at this time.

Q: Will you continue to support the Windows Developer Program for IoT for Galileo?

A: We’ve been overwhelmed by the interest in our Windows 8.1 based program and appreciate all the incredible feedback the community has provided. While there will be no new feature development for the Galileo release we will continue to support this release for as long as significant community activity exists.

Jonathan Tanner | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:52 AM