Please tell us how much time we have to wait RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have submitted an app on August 18, till now I'm waiting for the certification process (11 days).  I do know that the certification process is now taking longer time than before (due to the backlog).

Microsoft team: It is OK, I understand that you are doing your best to clear the backlog.

But.. . I think WP developers deserve at least to know how much time they have to wait. I think a very simple solution but effective is to daily announce the current progress of the backlog.

For example: "Today we are working to handle submissions for 15, 16 and 17 August". This way I can estimate how much time I have to wait.

Just think about.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:32 PM

All replies

• Agreed.  I have two apps right now that are 7 days and 5 days respectively with no updates.  It would be nice to have a better idea of wait time.

-- Arian T. Kulp | Visual C# MVP | http://www.ariankulp.com Please remember to mark as helpful, or mark as answer if this helps you!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:57 PM
  • I'm also waiting since 10 days already. What is going on?

Regards

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:17 PM
  • My app is in the certification process since Aug 17th (12 days ago).

I will post here when my app gets verified, so that you can estimate when your apps will get verified.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:02 AM
  • That's a good idea, Yang. My app was resubmitted on the 10th August (20 days ago) and was used by a tester on the 22nd August (10 days ago), but nothing since then. I'll post when the certification is complete, and maybe we can start working out an average time for certification.

EDIT: I'm not complaining about the wait (though it is a bit frustrating). I appreciate that there's a backlog and it will take a while to get sorted out, but wanted to help other devs get a more realistic idea of when their apps will be certified. Even if mine finishes today, it looks like the rest of you are only about half way through :-(
    • Edited by Breadmower Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:40 AM Added clarification
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:31 AM
  • I submitted 4 apps on 16th August...and still waiting...it's frustrating because my friend, whos submitted apps 3 days ago has all of them approved...
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:07 AM
  • Hi folks

Pawel has the perfect example, he submitted his app 14 days ago, yet others are being fast-tracked in only 3 days. MS need to have a little transparancy with honest timescales.

As Breadmower says, we all apear to be in the same situation, let's keep each other informed when our apps have completed the certification process.

Barry

Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:19 AM
  • My older app published last night (so seven days on that one).  Still waiting on the other one.

-- Arian T. Kulp | Visual C# MVP | http://www.ariankulp.com Please remember to mark as helpful, or mark as answer if this helps you!

Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:34 PM
  • Cheers for the update Arian

I submitted mine on the 24th, hopefully I have some good news today *crosses fingers*

Friday, August 31, 2012 7:39 AM
  • Same here too.

Submitted on 12th August 2012 and it's still "Processing Certification" stage.

Understand that Microsoft Team is working hard around the clock for this but it will be great if developer get to know the estimated time at least.

Thanks

Friday, August 31, 2012 12:20 PM
  • Me too... my app is still in certification from 11 days. But in middle of this, I have updated another app in few days :|

Tiziano Cacioppolini

Friday, August 31, 2012 1:50 PM
  • Yaaaaay

I was emailed today letting me know that my app had passed certification and should be available sometime in the next 24 hours.  So that was working days from when it was submitted.

hopefully this means that MS have cleared most of the back-log and you all get your apps published soon.

B

Friday, August 31, 2012 9:31 PM
  • Yours submitted the 24th, certified today.
    Mine submitted the 15th, still in certification process.

It seems fair.

• Edited by Marco Mura Friday, August 31, 2012 11:23 PM typo
    Friday, August 31, 2012 11:23 PM
  • I responded to a similar inquiry recently.  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpsubmit/thread/39b8a56f-e8cb-472e-8616-e7d20614271f.

Let me know if that helps.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

• Edited by jpoon Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:25 AM Converting it to an HTML link.
    Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:24 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, jpoon.

I can understand some apps take more time than others to be certified...
    What I can't understand is why apps are taking more than 15 days to be certified. I read about the delays, but increasing from 5 days to 15 (and more) is intolerable.

Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:37 AM
  • If you share your product id, I can dig in and take a look and see if there is anything happening out of the ordinary for your particular update.

Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:44 AM
  • Sure... here it is: cc6ce699-f00a-e011-9264-00237de2db9e

Thanks

Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:50 AM
  • Yep, definitely a backlog. We're still working through the backlog that was created as a result of our backend upgrade earlier this month. The certificate issue that we hit a couple of weeks only added to the backlog.

I realize that this backlog is a pain the arse but, please bear with us while we work through this. I guess this is a good problem for us to have -- thanks for submitting so many apps to the Marketplace :)

As for your particular update, I see that your update was submitted on the 23rd (7 business days ago) and it is still undergoing certification. Nothing out of the ordinary (e.g. no errors or what not that I am able to take action on).

Saturday, September 1, 2012 1:10 AM
  • I don't know why you see I've submitted the update on the 23rd... I've submitted it on the 15th for sure.
    Anyway, I will continue waiting...

Thanks for your assistance :)

Saturday, September 1, 2012 1:25 AM
  • Yeah, I guess that wasn't very useful. Sorry.

Saturday, September 1, 2012 1:28 AM
  • Possible to help checked mine? 463d5566-f7eb-4634-abad-8b5b4bfb1673

Was submitted on 12th August 2012. Really hope to get some help here.

Thanks in advance

Saturday, September 1, 2012 3:45 AM
  • And (if you can) check following apps please:

Product identifier:
    41923ec3-4a88-46ef-b2ed-347ca72eddbd
    Product identifier:
    036dbbc1-ffa2-49b2-bfc9-976384babd90
    Product identifier:
    3e580af3-e811-429e-8689-95a74488f286
    Product identifier:

246923e2-79ed-4b32-b195-5dcc7982530b

All of them were resubmitted on 16th August...

Maybe should I resubmit them as a completly new submission? It seems to me then apps will be certified earlier in couple days..

Saturday, September 1, 2012 10:55 AM
  • I replied in another thread and when reading this thread, I looked at our database here.  The application that we submitted on the 13th of August had someone from Microsoft testing on the 14th of August and someone else testing it on the 1st of September.  Hopefully this will all be sorted out early this week.
    Monday, September 3, 2012 11:22 AM
  • I would imagine that Microsoft are running two queues; one to clear the backlog and one to process new update 'as normal' hence the disparity.

It would be interesting to find out what percentage of your projects are taken up by the submission process, we reckon  our app is around 15% & climbing.

Rob www.engineersnetwork.net

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please also check for mine application:

Product Identifier: 0d88e461-bd9a-497e-a2e3-5c2cf31ee685

Ashok Solanki CDN Software Solution Indore(MP) India

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:34 AM
  • It's been over 2 weeks for me, for one app. And it's quite a lot.

Gamer, always.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:35 PM
  • I've just had a response to my ticket. Seems that the app I submitted on 10th August only entered the certification queue on the 23rd (odd, seeing as my server logs show that it was run on the 22nd, but never mind). Apparently it should be through certification 7-10 business days after that, so I'm hoping there might be some progress by the end of this week.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:28 PM
  • I would recommend that you not do this as it will only exacerbate the problem.

I made a post in this thread that details our certification pipeline http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpsubmit/thread/39b8a56f-e8cb-472e-8616-e7d20614271f. In summary, there are no short cuts or special queues and creating new submissions will only further add to the back log.

• Edited by jpoon Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:43 PM Fixing links.
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:43 PM
  • Great!

I just found out that if my app is not in the marketplace by the 14 I'll lost the gift phone I was gonna to receive.

Is Microsoft gonna compensate me for that?

Lucas D. Luengo

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:29 PM
  • I can relate.

I'm doing the same promo as you and my apps been in certification for 7 days.

Sigh. Why me?

Please microsoft, i'm beging you speed up the app certification.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:16 PM
  • Good news!

At 3.55 (UTC+1) 3 of 4 my apps submitted on the 16th August were certified !

Thursday, September 6, 2012 7:53 AM
  • Same here - my app that was submitted on 10th August finally passed certification yesterday (5th September) at 18:45 BST (UTC+1). Ironically, I'd given up for the day and was on my second pint in the pub when I got the message :-)

MS said that it entered the queue on the 23rd, so that puts the certification time within the 7-10 business days that they quote, leaving 13 days for it to go through the signing process. I guess that's not too bad, considering the certificate problem from the other week: a few days to get part way through that process, a week whilst it was broken, then a few more days to get through once everything was restarted.

Anyway, looks like that backlog is starting to clear - I hope that everyone else gets their results soon!

Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:07 AM
  • My app which was submitted on Aug 17th (21 days ago) passed certification today at 10:25 AM (UTC+8).

• Edited by Yang Lee Friday, September 7, 2012 4:14 PM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 6:54 AM
  • I am waiting for over a month now! Very Disappointed...:(

Totally agree with you. Using the way you suggested, we will at least be able to track the ongoing progress...!

Friday, September 7, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Just letting you all know that my app (submitted on August 25) has just been approved on the 11th bussiness day. The best of luck to all the people in the queue.

Lucas D. Luengo

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:12 PM
  • Hi all,

Quick heads up just in case you haven't seen the announcement, we have reduced our current certification turnaround times to our normal time of 5 business days, give or take a couple of days.

If your app has been in certification longer than 7 business days, please submit a support request and a member from the team will reach out to you within 1 business day. Keep in mind that re-submissions for failed certification reviews also require 5-7 business days to complete.

Thank you all for your patience and cooperation.

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:32 AM