none
Report Viewer 10 Only renders left section of report RRS feed

• Question

• Using Report Viewer 10.

Report Viewer area renders as complete width as specified

Internal data only shows LH section with horizontal scroll bar as if

- formatted for mobile device, or

- implies 2 columns

Export and Print show correct size, but this will freak out my users.

Problem has arisen since installing Update for Visual Studio 2010 KB2837597 on 14th November and only occurs on PC with that installed.

I need to know how to fix it in case this escapes into real users

Setting Pagesize in code does not fix the problem. Manual inspection of rdlc does not reveal anything. Rebuild Project and Exporting rdlc to another server shows correct width (presumably Update not yet installed)

Ian Fry Fry Systems Pty Ltd Adelaide, Australia

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Monday, November 18, 2013 2:40 AM more related
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:16 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Since VS General Question forum mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor, and you are working with report viewer, I will move this thread to Visual Studio Report Controls forum for better response.

Because currently we can’t submit a feedback to Microsoft for Visual Studio 2010 related issue, if necessary, you can consider to visit the following link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs.

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?RDPATH=%2fdefault.aspx%3fid%3dfh%253ben-us%253bofferprophone

Thank you for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 18, 2013 2:39 AM
  • Thanks Amanda

That forum did not appear in the pull down lists I saw.

I am never in favour of hanging on to older versions of anything, but VS2012 and VS2013 IDE does not allow the use of RV10.

The sites work but you have to use VS2010 to maintain them. Those IDE force .NET 4.5 RV11 controls even if you specifically attach RV10

It has been such a battle to get clients to .NET4.  Very few / none (?) are even considering .NET 4.5

So we are stuck using RV10

Which worked well until that update

Monday, November 18, 2013 3:26 AM
  • This is now happening on servers where the site has not been updated...

I need an answer urgently

Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Further testing

All OK in Chrome

Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:19 PM
  • Microsoft has just flatly refused to help in any way to solve this problem

Friday, November 22, 2013 4:37 AM