locked
Azure Messaging problem with installing APK RRS feed

  • Question

  • User46062 posted

    It's me again with another problem.

    I've added the Azure Messaging component to my Droid project, without changing any code at all. Build and Rebuild finished succesfully, but when I tried to debug on a device (real and virtual), a problem came up:

    Deployment failed because of an internal error: Unexpected install output: pkg: /data/local/tmp/TunApp13.Droid-Signed.apk Failure [INSTALLPARSEFAILEDMANIFESTMALFORMED]

    Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploymentException: InternalError ---> Mono.AndroidTools.InstallFailedException: Unexpected install output: pkg: /data/local/tmp/TunApp13.Droid-Signed.apk Failure [INSTALLPARSEFAILEDMANIFESTMALFORMED]

    at Mono.AndroidTools.Internal.AdbOutputParsing.CheckInstallSuccess(String output, String packageName) at Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidDevice.<>cDisplayClass2a.b29(Task1 t) at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromResultTask1.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploySession.RunLogged(CancellationToken token) at Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploySession.Start(CancellationToken token)

    It's the same thing with both debug and release builds. When I remove Azure Messaging component there's no more errors...

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 2:28 PM

All replies

  • User44363 posted

    Hey @IvanCuljak you've been bitten by the annoying issue with Google Cloud Messaging that you can't have a package name starting with an uppercase character.

    Go into your Project Settings, under Android Application (and add a manifest if you don't already have one by clicking the button). Finally, make sure your 'Package name' does not start with an uppercase letter.

    I'd recommend a package name with all lower case letters, and at least one '.' in the name like 'com.mycompany.myapp'.

    That should fix things up for you!

    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:30 PM
  • User46062 posted

    Tnx @Redth? ;)

    I'll try it first thing in the morning - it's 23:53 here, so I can't access my workstation currently :)

    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:54 PM
  • User46062 posted

    Solved ;) Tnx again @Redth?

    Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:09 AM
  • User79293 posted

    Thanks for the answer @Redth

    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:36 AM
  • User106091 posted

    Thank you.

    Thursday, April 30, 2015 5:34 AM
  • User140092 posted

    I have a big project I am working for the last 6 months. Suddenly I needed to add GCM and now I am getting this error. But for me if I change the package name in the Manifest the whole program is losing reference. So is there an option where I can change it without affecting the whole project?

    Monday, December 7, 2015 12:52 PM
  • User310444 posted

    @JonathanDick said: Hey @IvanCuljak you've been bitten by the annoying issue with Google Cloud Messaging that you can't have a package name starting with an uppercase character.

    Go into your Project Settings, under Android Application (and add a manifest if you don't already have one by clicking the button). Finally, make sure your 'Package name' does not start with an uppercase letter.

    I'd recommend a package name with all lower case letters, and at least one '.' in the name like 'com.mycompany.myapp'.

    That should fix things up for you!

    My manifest was without a package name, so I just put one! and voilá the deploy was successful.

    Friday, June 9, 2017 3:46 AM