none
How to send data to I2C device? RRS feed

• Question

• How to send data to I2C device? If use UMDF peripheral device drive, Win32 App how to send data to UMDF?
    Friday, May 22, 2015 10:01 AM

Answers

• the app opens a handle to the driver, you would find the driver with a device interface guid. The toaster sample has an enum.exe project which shows how to enumerate a interface

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 22, 2015 3:06 PM
  • yes, if you write the umdf driver you can control how the app talks to it. That means a custom ioctl with whatever payload you want to use

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, May 25, 2015 2:47 PM

All replies

• the app opens a handle to the driver, you would find the driver with a device interface guid. The toaster sample has an enum.exe project which shows how to enumerate a interface

Friday, May 22, 2015 3:06 PM
  • If I send a custom IO to UMDF? Is it can work?
    Monday, May 25, 2015 6:33 AM
  • yes, if you write the umdf driver you can control how the app talks to it. That means a custom ioctl with whatever payload you want to use

Monday, May 25, 2015 2:47 PM