Discover Bluetooth LE Device and its custom service with uuid and its characteristics RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I have a requirement for developing a library in C# which can be used in any windows app (Metro or Non Metro) apps to discover Bluetooth LE devices which are advertising a custom service with uuid and pair and find all the characteristics of the service and send parameters and receive response.

I have tried 32feet.NET library which everyone talks about but realized it doesn't support Bluetooth LE devices. Is there any way I can do that? Or do I have write C# wrapper to use winsock2.2 library to call native code to access Bluetooth stack?

Please suggest. We have been able to achieve this requirement in Mac OSX by using their core Bluetooth framework.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:37 PM

Answers

• Hello Priyanku,

>>Is there any way I can do that?

As far as I know, there is not such API that you can use to enumerate all services belonging to a Bluetooth LE device, nor all characteristics belonging to a service.

>>Or do I have write C# wrapper to use winsock2.2 library to call native code to access Bluetooth stack?

I suggest that you could try it.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Fred Bao Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:22 AM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hello Priyanku,

>>Is there any way I can do that?

As far as I know, there is not such API that you can use to enumerate all services belonging to a Bluetooth LE device, nor all characteristics belonging to a service.

>>Or do I have write C# wrapper to use winsock2.2 library to call native code to access Bluetooth stack?

I suggest that you could try it.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by Fred Bao Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:22 AM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 7:15 AM
  • Hello Fred,Thanks for your response. Do you know when Microsoft is planning to expose APIs for Bluetooth LE Devices?

Monday, October 13, 2014 5:40 PM
  • Hello Priyanku,

Currently, I have no idea about it, if i get something new about it, i would post it back to here.

Regards.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:09 AM
  • Any news on this - I'm also searching for a way to do so.

Especialy i need a way to tell which services/characteristics belong to which device.

regards.

Friday, January 9, 2015 3:43 PM