Dynamic Table Column Size RRS feed

• Question

• How to change column size dynamically depends on content of the column.

Thannk You.!

Thursday, June 4, 2015 5:28 AM

Answers

• Hi DayanPerera,

According to your description, you want to change column width and height within a report dynamically, right?

In Reporting Services, text boxes are a fixed size. We can set options that let the text box expand or shrink based on its contents. CanGrow or CanShrink properties in the Properties pane allows text box to expand vertically or shrink based on its contents. So in you scenario, if you want to change column height based on contents, you could select the column, then change CanGrow property to True in properties.

Currently, Reporting Services don’t have property to change column width dynamically. If you want to change column width dynamically, you could try the workaround in this article: SSRS Column Width Auto Size.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 5, 2015 3:24 AM

All replies

• You've to use dynamic SQL for that

But my question is why it has to be at runtime? Why not set it at a standard higher limit?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:26 AM
  • Hi DayanPerera,

According to your description, you want to change column width and height within a report dynamically, right?

In Reporting Services, text boxes are a fixed size. We can set options that let the text box expand or shrink based on its contents. CanGrow or CanShrink properties in the Properties pane allows text box to expand vertically or shrink based on its contents. So in you scenario, if you want to change column height based on contents, you could select the column, then change CanGrow property to True in properties.

Currently, Reporting Services don’t have property to change column width dynamically. If you want to change column width dynamically, you could try the workaround in this article: SSRS Column Width Auto Size.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 5, 2015 3:24 AM