none
Create a new 64-bit Web Application

Question

• Hi,

How to create a new 64-bit web application. I did try the following,

Created a new asp.net web application project and then under the configuration manager I changed the "Active solution platform" to run on x64. When I run the application it gives run time error "Could not load file or assembly Project or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

Bur for the same project if I change the "Active Solution platform" to Any CPU under configuration manager it works perfectly.

Any help highly appreciated.

• Edited by Avinash.k.b Tuesday, April 25, 2017 7:40 PM
    Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi friend, 

Please go to Tools -> options

then select the 64-bit checkbox and have a try. 

Please let us the know the result. 

Best regards, 

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi friend, 

Please go to Tools -> options

then select the 64-bit checkbox and have a try. 

Please let us the know the result. 

Best regards, 

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:29 AM
  • Hi Fletch,

It worked like a charm. You made my day.

Thanks a lot.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:44 PM