Web Deployment and Crystal Reports RRS feed

• Question

• User-1373029808 posted

My question has to do with deploying a web project to a web server that uses Crystal Reports. With VS2008 when I add a new web site to my server must I "publish" or have a msi file built to "install" the site? To go back a bit, with VS2005, Crystal Reports has a run time package that is installed once. Then, I could simply copy the new site to my server. To my dissappointment I don't think CR supports this "run time viewe" for VS2008. At least I can't find it. Its seems silly that I need to install a new web application each time. I hope that my question is clear.

Thanks

Eric

Saturday, September 13, 2008 12:05 PM

Answers

• User372121194 posted

Hi,

To deploy ASP.NET website, we can use Web Deployment project or "Publish" function to precompile it and then deploy it on the server, or we can copy the whole website files to server, or we can create Web Setup project for it that allows user to install with wizard. For more information, see http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030806.htm.

For the website working with Crystal Reports, we can add the CR merge modules to web deployment project, or  install the run time redistributible pack on the server.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:23 PM

All replies

• User372121194 posted

Hi,

To deploy ASP.NET website, we can use Web Deployment project or "Publish" function to precompile it and then deploy it on the server, or we can copy the whole website files to server, or we can create Web Setup project for it that allows user to install with wizard. For more information, see http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030806.htm.

For the website working with Crystal Reports, we can add the CR merge modules to web deployment project, or  install the run time redistributible pack on the server.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:23 PM
  • User-1373029808 posted

Thanks Thomas. My question is, then, where can I find the "run time redistributible pack" for VS2008 applications that use CR? And, please don't refer me to the SAP Diamond site. I'll never find it there unless to point to it precisely.

Thanks again

Friday, September 19, 2008 11:01 AM