Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am keep receiving this error in Central Admin--> Farm solution --> Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: sample.dll

I have removed the solution and again deployed using powershell(GACdeployment), restarted SP Timer service and tried to delete the dll from assembly folder(i could not delete this dll here). But still no luck.

I could not solve this issue, can anybody help me to solve this issue. So that i can proceed and debug the code for my issue.

This is the error log information:

Solution Deployment : Installing to GAC - ExceptionHandler.dll

Solution Deployment : Error Deployment failed for deploymentpackage.wsp IIS site 'site1'. Vdir - C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\SPSERVER1.kla-

tencor.com80. Exception - site1 :   Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: ExceptionHandler.dll.

Solution Deployment : Error : DeploySolutionPackage for deploymentpackage.wsp for Target http://server.site1.com/. Exception message - site1 :   Error: 

Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: ExceptionHandler.dll.

Updating SPPersistedObject SolutionOperationStatus Name=SolutionOperationStatus. Version: -1 Ensure: False, HashCode: 165583, Id: 0e1377a3-8a07-487c-89be-700de2145430, 

Stack:    at 
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.BaseUpdate()     at 
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.SetOperationResult (SPSolutionOperationResult opResult, String msg, SPWebApplication webApp, Int32 updatesPerServer)     at 

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.DeployFilesInstallFeatures(SPWebApplication webApp, Boolean globalInstallWPPackDlls, Boolean 

installFeatures, Boolean force, Int32 tries)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.DeployLocalCore(Boolean globalInstallWPPackDlls, 

Collection`1 webApplications, Boolean useAdminService, Boolean force, Boolean checkIfDeployed)     at 

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionDeploymentJobDefinition.Execute(Guid targetInstanceId)     at 

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAdministrationServiceJobDefinition.ExecuteAdminJob(Guid targetInstanceId)     at 

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTimerJobInvokeInternal.Invoke(SPJobDefinition jd, Guid targetInstanceId, Boolean isTimerService, Int32& result)     at 

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTimerJobInvoke.Invoke(TimerJobExecuteData& data, Int32& result)

The Execute method of job definition "SPSolutionDeploymentJobDefinition" (id "57199b24-6b91-4dd6-a325-f01d80b1f1e6") threw an exception. Error: Cannot add the 

specified assembly to the global assembly cache: ExceptionHandler.dll.	

Solution Deployment : Exception stack trace:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPFarmSolutionPackage.UpdateGacFile(SolutionFile file, String sourcePath, 

Boolean install)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPFarmSolutionPackage.UpdateFiles(String vrPath, Boolean install, Boolean force)     at 

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPFarmSolutionPackage.EnableWebApplication(String vrPath, Boolean globalInstall, TextWriter logWriter, Boolean force)     at 

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.DeploySolutionPackage(SPWebApplication webApp, Boolean globalInstall, Boolean force, String& errMsg)     at 

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.DeployFilesInstallFeatures(SPWebApplication webApp, Boolean globalInstallWPPackDlls, Boolean 

installFeatures, Boolean force, Int32 tries)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.DeployLocalCore(Boolean globalInstallWPPackDlls, 

Collection`1 webApplications, Boolean useAdminService, Boolean force, Boolean checkIfDeployed)     at 

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionDeploymentJobDefinition.Execute(Guid targetInstanceId)	

Solution Deployment : Releasing the deployment job lock for server SPSERVER1 for job solution-deployment-deploymentpackage.wsp-0 with id 57199b24-6b91-4dd6-a325

-f01d80b1f1e6	0dd19392-7a79-46fa-8121-5631dc524004

Deleting the SPPersistedObject, SolutionDeploymentJobLock Name=Solution Deployment Job Lock.	

Thanks & Regards

MD.Liakath ali

• Edited by Liakath Monday, August 19, 2013 10:35 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 6:30 AM

Answers

• By changing the login account to farm, error gone in Central administration--> Farm Solutions.

MD.Liakath ali

• Marked as answer by Liakath Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:21 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:21 AM