Alternative to T4 Toolbox for VS2012 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Does anyone know of an alternative for T4 Toolbox?  We made good use out of it with VS2010, but it appears that the project is no longer being updated and it does not easily install into VS2012.

Some of the functionality that I am using is the the ability to create multiple output files and to automatically update a project with them.  T4 Toolbox made that a breeze and I need the same functionality with VS2012.

Friday, November 2, 2012 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Christopher,

I can't find a tool has the similar function like T4 Toolbox.

I know it is convenient to use T4 Toolbox. T4 template debugging was added in VS 2012 now. I think we can use T4 in VS 2012 more conveniently.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:19 AM
  • What I am using in the T4 Toolbox is the ability to target multiple files and to have those files get updated in the project.  If I can do that directly with T4 without requiring the T4 Toolbox, then I can migrate my stuff to VS2012.
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:42 PM
  • Hi,

Have you guys found any alternatives.

I also use T4 almost exclusively to target multiple files, and to target files in database projects.
    We are trying to upgrade to 2013, and we have the same problem. The project seems to be in a hiatus, and the source code for the 2012 version is not available.

Have you found an alternative?

Friday, November 8, 2013 12:30 PM