my publish first web application then display error RRS feed

• Question

• User-2114176806 posted

I am first time publish web application then not understood this type error please help me

An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remoely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:23 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

This is the default error page (that basically tells that detailed information about the error is not available remotely for safety purpose) If you have access to the server, you should find some detailed information server side (in the Windows log for example).

See http://www.asp.net/web-forms/overview/older-versions-getting-started/deploying-web-site-projects/displaying-a-custom-error-page-cs for using a custom error page. Note that for safety reasons, it's best to show something generic to users ("something went wrong" with maybe an id you could use to retrieve the particular error a customer is taking about in your log) and have the detailed information logged or sent to you so that you can look and fix that.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:32 AM