Where can I buy volume license for windows 2003 in order to migrate onto vmware RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

As a prior Unix admin and a newbie to windows, I would like to find out the optimium way of buying license keys for windows server  2003 web edition in order to deploy it onto at least 10 vmware installs. Unfortunately the supporting telecom's application have not been tested on any more recent version of windows and have therefore a dependency on this legacy OS. Currently they are using a single license key, which for obvious reasons ought to be sorted. Froma previously found link, it was suggested that purchasing multiple enterprise license may be cheaper ( up to 4 vmware instances can be run per license ).

I'd appreciate if you can point me in the right direction. Ideally, I would like a breakdown of costs  a comparison of costs and a guide on where to purchase . Many thanks

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 11:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please refer to this post:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winforms/thread/be7e72fe-e43a-498f-8f20-553acd31d24e

This forum is for Windows Forms programming questions, not for general Windows questions.

Mark the best replies as Answers! | Blog: http://community.devpinoy.org/blogs/cvega
    • Proposed as answer by Chris Vega Wednesday, June 9, 2010 1:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aland Li Monday, June 14, 2010 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 1:12 PM
  • My apologies and thank you for the clarification.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 2:18 PM
  • Hello,

As a prior Unix admin and a newbie to windows, I would like to find out the optimium way of buying license keys for windows server  2003 web edition in order to deploy it onto at least 10 vmware installs. Unfortunately the supporting telecom's application have not been tested on any more recent version of windows and have therefore a dependency on this legacy OS. Currently they are using a single license key, which for obvious reasons ought to be sorted. Froma previously found link, it was suggested that purchasing multiple enterprise license may be cheaper ( up to 4 vmware instances can be run per license ).

I'd appreciate if you can point me in the right direction. Ideally, I would like a breakdown of costs  a comparison of costs and a guide on where to purchase . Many thanks

• Merged by Aland Li Monday, June 14, 2010 8:49 AM duplicated
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 2:21 PM

• Why did you repost this here after you acknowledged an answer to the same quesion?  It really does belong in a different group if you need more detailed answers to your question.

--
    Mike
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 4:08 PM