none
Excel 2013 Crashes when macros are triggered from image buttons RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I support a series of Excel files that execute macros.  The macros are triggered via buttons.  There have been no programmatic changes to the files.  When I try to execute any macro, Excel Stops working and freezes.  When I run the macros in developer mode manually, I do not get any errors.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel, your issue is more related to macro. I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:14 AM
  • Hi Kierans9819,

Based on the description, the Excel crashed when you execute the macro by click an image button. May I know where is image button you put? If it is on a worksheet, is it helpful that you create a worksheet and copy the image button to the new worksheet? And woulud mind sharing some code snippet that about the macro?

I also suggest that you replace the macro with a sinle line of code to see whether the code could be run by clicking the image button to narrdown whether the issue is relative to the image button.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 20, 2015 2:29 AM
  • Hi Kieran,

I had this a number of years ago. Was not able to put my finger on why but I found that if I put a delay in before running the macro Excel stood up. Try inserting the line of code before you launch the rest of your code.

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:1"))

Cheers

Steve Stretch

Friday, March 20, 2015 12:09 PM