Transfer data from Azure Managed Disk to another managed disk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

May I know if there's a way to migrate data from an azure managed disk to another azure managed disk. I currently have 3 x 50 storage accounts(4TB). I have consumed less than 1TB. I would like to know if there is a tool for me to consolidate the storage data into one disk and disable 1-2 disk(s) temporarily until such time that we will need the said storage.

Thank you in advance.

Monday, July 8, 2019 3:56 AM

All replies

• Hello Cabrabrylle,

Correct me if i'm wrong, If you have managed disks connected to the virtual machine, then you can create a another managed disk with 1TB storage and attach that disk to the VM where you have the data in those disks and copy that data to that managed disk. Currently you can manage the managed disk by attaching it to the VM.

Another option is you can create a Azure file share with 1TB and mount it to the Vm and you can copy all the data to that Azure file share. You can manage Azure storage account using Azure storage explorer tool. For more information you can refer here. Hope this helps you!

Kindly, let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:15 AM
  • @cabrabrylle Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:25 AM
  • @cabrabrylle Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, July 26, 2019 5:13 AM