Getting error DEP0600 when deploying Window Store App

Question

• Hi,

I've been developing my Windows Store App for over a year, and all of a sudden I get this error when I try to run it in Visual Studio 2013 on my developer machine:

Error : DEP0600 : The following unexpected error occurred during deployment: Das Paketrepository ist beschädigt. (= The paket repository is corrupted)

This error also occurs when I try to run a newly created app, so there seems to be a general error with my system. I haven't changed anything or installed any major new programs recently. On the web I've found some blog entries suggesting to change the GUID of the app, which I've tried without any success.

Has anyone got a suggestion on how to solve this problem? I don't want to refresh my Windows (8.1) installation, as this would mean reinstalling quite a lot of applications.

Thanks!

sr258

Saturday, March 21, 2015 3:26 PM

Answers

• Just to let you know that I've finally solved the problem:

The error was so severe that I couldn't even open the Windows Store. I found out that the problem was that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\edb.log couldn't be opened anymore. After having deleted the file everything works fine again.

• Marked as answer by SR258 Monday, March 30, 2015 8:37 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Sr258,

Start your computer in safe mode, try your project to see is there some programs interrupt the progress. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows-7. If the project works in safe mode, you will need to check the startup programs to see which one has problem.

If not work in safe mode either, please try to repair your visual studio, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa983433(v=vs.90).aspx.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 23, 2015 5:29 AM
  • Thanks for your suggestion!

However, Visual Studio 2013 doesn't start at all in safe mode. When I start the IDE nothing happens. I've also tried repairing Visual Studio and I've fully reinstalled it - to no avail.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Just to let you know that I've finally solved the problem:

The error was so severe that I couldn't even open the Windows Store. I found out that the problem was that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\edb.log couldn't be opened anymore. After having deleted the file everything works fine again.

• Marked as answer by SR258 Monday, March 30, 2015 8:37 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 8:37 AM