none
Commerce Orders Adapter uses webproxy from previous request?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

very strange problem. I've got an orchestration which first calls an ASMX (via WcfBasicHttp) and then uses the Commerce Order Adapter to update the status of an order. In the production environment we configured the WcfBasicHttp binding to connect via a reverse proxy. And then this strange thing happens: after calling the WcfBasicHttp Port with the proxy, all the calls going through the Commerce Adapter go via this proxy!! The WcfBasicHttp binding and the Commerce Order Adapter share 1 Host Instance.

At first I thought it was a generic BizTalk problem (would be kinda strange...), but I PoC-ed it with 2 WcfBasicHttp bindings, and no Commerce Adapters, and there the first call goes via the proxy, and the second one (where no proxy was configured) didn't go via the proxy.

Any ideas what the problem might be here?

As a solution I am thinking about giving the Commerce Adapters their own Host Instance, because when I restart the Host Instance everything is fine (untill the call via the proxy).

I'm curious on your thoughts, thanks in advance.

Erik

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:13 PM

Answers

• I know I have used the Commerce Server order adapter in an orchestration with WCF adapters but I do not remember seeing this type of behavior. Did you get an error where the proxy information was showing up on the error when Commerce Server connected?

I was under the impression the Commerce Server adapters have not been rewritten in some time (the current install is from the CS 2007 install media). I guess if they shared the same connection pool this might happen.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 1:06 PM
  • I probably did not see this because I would always put them in custom hosts for performance reasons. With the catalog adapter I did it because an import was so large. For orders so they do not have thread blocks and money flows in faster... :)

Very strange I agree.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:17 PM

All replies

• It seems confusing how the proxy is working. Are you saying you are doing reverse proxy like with ISA server? I am not sure how contexual the configuration for the proxy server is - is it just proxying based on IP traffic or do you call the server where the proxying is done from your port?

Thanks,

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:50 PM
  • Hi Ben,

thanks for your reply. I think the problem isn't the actual proxy. Because on my dev-box I used Fiddler as a proxy to test the production situation. So I think the problem is with the Commerce Adapters, since I don't have the problem with other adapters (like the WCF ones...)

Thanks,

Erik

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:23 AM
  • I know I have used the Commerce Server order adapter in an orchestration with WCF adapters but I do not remember seeing this type of behavior. Did you get an error where the proxy information was showing up on the error when Commerce Server connected?

I was under the impression the Commerce Server adapters have not been rewritten in some time (the current install is from the CS 2007 install media). I guess if they shared the same connection pool this might happen.

Thanks,

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 1:06 PM
  • Hi Ben,

I finally chose to put the Commerce Adapters in different Host Instances... this solves the problem.

I still find it very strange that these adapters use the proxy settings from a totally different call...

Thanks for your answers!

Erik

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:33 PM
  • I probably did not see this because I would always put them in custom hosts for performance reasons. With the catalog adapter I did it because an import was so large. For orders so they do not have thread blocks and money flows in faster... :)

Very strange I agree.

Thanks,

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:17 PM