ssis - google analytics RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    How is it to use the google analytics with ssis so that I can save client's activities in our website into sql server database?
    Where do I start from?
    What are the main tasks required to use in ssis?
    etc.?

Thank you

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi arkiboys,

You would need to have to hit some Google API (URLs).

But SSIS is not user exposable and typically runs in an environment shielded from the Web.

So if a user hits your website and it has hooks to Google Analytics (you need to register for) you will see all the stats without doing any extra work, so SSIS is not needed. Google has it in form of reports. You can download the data to visualize but downloading with SSIS is possible I'd say.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

• Proposed as answer by Eric__Zhang Thursday, April 21, 2016 1:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric__Zhang Saturday, April 30, 2016 7:13 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hi arkiboys,

You would need to have to hit some Google API (URLs).

But SSIS is not user exposable and typically runs in an environment shielded from the Web.

So if a user hits your website and it has hooks to Google Analytics (you need to register for) you will see all the stats without doing any extra work, so SSIS is not needed. Google has it in form of reports. You can download the data to visualize but downloading with SSIS is possible I'd say.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

• Proposed as answer by Eric__Zhang Thursday, April 21, 2016 1:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric__Zhang Saturday, April 30, 2016 7:13 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:16 PM
  • Thank you
    Saturday, April 30, 2016 7:57 AM
  • Thank you

Heres an example using codeplex custom task to capture GA data in SSIS

http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/996491/Integrate-Google-Analytic-Data-to-Local-Database-u

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Saturday, April 30, 2016 8:53 AM
  • This is working fine while running from SSDT but after deploying <g class="gr_ gr_31 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="31" id="31">iam</g> getting following error.

Data Flow Task:Error: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.IDTSComponentMetaData100'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{BE8C48A3-155B-4810-BA5C-BDF68A659E9E}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).    at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.IDTSComponentMetaData100.get_RuntimeConnectionCollection()    at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.AcquireConnections(Object transaction)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostAcquireConnections(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Object transaction)

could you please help me

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:51 AM
  • This is working fine while running from SSDT but after deploying <g class="gr_ gr_31 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="31" id="31">iam</g> getting following error.

Data Flow Task:Error: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.IDTSComponentMetaData100'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{BE8C48A3-155B-4810-BA5C-BDF68A659E9E}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).    at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.IDTSComponentMetaData100.get_RuntimeConnectionCollection()    at SSISComponents.GoogleAnalyticsSource.AcquireConnections(Object transaction)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostAcquireConnections(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Object transaction)

could you please help me

Which method are you using?

Are you using the one in link or are you using API calls in script task?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:59 AM
  • I am using the one which is in the link

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:22 AM