none
How to change the document properties in Word 2016? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I am trying to write a vbscript to automatically update certain fields etc in Word 2016.

I am, however, stuck at trying to change the specific document properties. I would like to change the 'TITLE' and 'SUBJECT' property of my document. 

I can implement it via the VBScript or a Macro. It has to be done with a Word 2013 or 2016 document.

Thanks in advance!

Kenneth

Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:37 AM

Answers

• I actually was able to figure it out. In case someone needs it, it was simple... 

objWord.ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Title").Value = nieuweBedrijfsnaam
    objWord.ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Subject").Value = nieuweProjecttitel

Where  objWord is defined as =>

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

• Marked as answer by Cennetessimus Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:06 PM
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:05 PM

All replies

• I actually was able to figure it out. In case someone needs it, it was simple... 

objWord.ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Title").Value = nieuweBedrijfsnaam
    objWord.ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Subject").Value = nieuweProjecttitel

Where  objWord is defined as =>

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

• Marked as answer by Cennetessimus Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:06 PM
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:05 PM
  • Thanks for sharing your solution. I'd like to share another solution which allows programmers to access and modify built-in document properties as well as custom document properties by using C# or VB.NET.

How to set Word document properties

Friday, September 30, 2016 6:13 AM