LabDefaultTemplate.11.xaml workflow finished successfully however error in deployment script RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created new build definition based on LabDefaultTemplate.11.xaml.  Build works fine and deploys package. I use standard environment.

Problem is that in case on any issue during  deployment , error is visible in  build summary but  status of build is still successful.

What do I need to change in  build definition to  catch results from  deployment and based on that result  update  build status to Error?

Thanks,
    marek

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Marek, 

Thanks for your post.

You can share your detailed build log here.

As far as I know there’s no this default setting in build definition(use LabDefaultTemplate.11.xaml) to fail build if deploy not run successfully. I think you need to custom default LabDefaultTemplate.11.xaml template: in Deploy Build on Environment activity, add the Assign activity to set BuildStatus = Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client.BuildStatus.Failed under Catches section. If there’s exception during run Deploying Build activity, it will catch this exception and run that Assign activity to set BuildStatus = Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client.BuildStatus.Failed. Like fail build on test failure. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Marek, 

Thanks for your post.

You can share your detailed build log here.

As far as I know there’s no this default setting in build definition(use LabDefaultTemplate.11.xaml) to fail build if deploy not run successfully. I think you need to custom default LabDefaultTemplate.11.xaml template: in Deploy Build on Environment activity, add the Assign activity to set BuildStatus = Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client.BuildStatus.Failed under Catches section. If there’s exception during run Deploying Build activity, it will catch this exception and run that Assign activity to set BuildStatus = Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client.BuildStatus.Failed. Like fail build on test failure. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:03 PM
  • Hi Marek, 

If misunderstood anything, please describe your question in more detail and we will try to provide the better responses.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 2, 2013 9:31 AM