none
Getting an instance of the PSObject model

Question

• I'm calling PowerShell from C# and I was hoping to be able to get an instance of the PSObject model(s) returned from the pipeline Invoke() method call.

Is this possible?  If so, how do I include the model definitions in my code and create an instance from the PSObject?

Thank you.

David Downing

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, May 1, 2017 6:15 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    Monday, May 1, 2017 5:51 PM

Answers

• It looks like referencing the Azure.RM assemblies does the trick.

As an experiment:

1. I added a reference to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\PowerShell\ResourceManager\AzureResourceManager\AzureRM.Profile\Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Profile.dll"
    2. Included the namespace "using Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Profile.Models;"
    3. Made a simple call to "Add-AzureRMAccount"
    4. And cast the results to the appropriate object type (PSContext in this case)
    var result = ((PSAzureProfile)results[0].BaseObject).Context;

David Downing

• Marked as answer by Dave Downing Monday, May 1, 2017 8:30 PM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 8:30 PM

All replies

• You cannot return objects from an external process.  If you host PowerShell you can return objects.  See PowerShell SDK for examples.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, May 1, 2017 6:34 PM

• You cannot return objects from an external process.  If you host PowerShell you can return objects.  See PowerShell SDK for examples.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, May 1, 2017 6:35 PM
  • As an example from VS quick watch, I can see the following:

Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Profile.Models.PSAzureContext

and

((Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Profile.Models.PSAzureProfile)result.ImmediateBaseObject).Context.Account

So there is clearly a .Net object involved... In this case I'm interested in the PSAzureContext model.

Anyone have in any insight?

David Downing

Monday, May 1, 2017 7:37 PM
  • It looks like referencing the Azure.RM assemblies does the trick.

As an experiment:

1. I added a reference to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\PowerShell\ResourceManager\AzureResourceManager\AzureRM.Profile\Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Profile.dll"
    2. Included the namespace "using Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Profile.Models;"
    3. Made a simple call to "Add-AzureRMAccount"
    4. And cast the results to the appropriate object type (PSContext in this case)
    var result = ((PSAzureProfile)results[0].BaseObject).Context;

David Downing

• Marked as answer by Dave Downing Monday, May 1, 2017 8:30 PM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 8:30 PM