none
Cannot install .NET Framework 3.0 (WCF Error) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hey all, I'm new to these forums.
    To start off, I'm running XP SP2 Home Edition.

My first question deals with the .net Framework 3.0 installation.
    Every time I try to install it, I get an error 1603 that says that Windows Communication Foundation is not installed.

[07/06/09,19:59:05] Windows Communication Foundation: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Windows Communication Foundation. MSI returned error code 1603
    [07/06/09,20:05:35] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows Communication Foundation is not installed.

Looking some more, I found that I need to uninstall IIS to continue with this. However, IIS doesn't appear to be installed at all (doesn't show up in Add/Remove Windows Components)

I can get 2.0 running fine with SP2, but I need 3.5 in order to run certain applications compiled on someone elses's computer. They don't know much about their setup, but I suspect that they had .net 3.5 while running Vista.

I've gotten this app running sporatically in the past, but it seems that I need to correct something in the .NET framework in order to continue to use it.

Thanks for the help!
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, July 13, 2009 6:34 AM Do not follow up
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, July 13, 2009 6:34 AM Do not follow up
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 12:19 AM

All replies

• Hi NateTheGreat555,

Could you please try to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 full package from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 full package
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:24 AM typo
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:23 AM
  • Hi NateTheGreat555,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 6:34 AM