none
Where is Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel dll for Visual Studio 2017? RRS feed

• Question

• I have MS office 2010 installed, and I also have MS Visual Studio 2017 installed, but when I trying to add the reference Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll, It is no where to be found. I have tried reinstall Visual Studio, and still cannot find it.

and Visual Studio forum said this is an office issue.

any help?

steven

Monday, March 5, 2018 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi steven,

I don't have Office 2010 and Visual Studio 2017 in the same machine.

This is a combination of Office 2016 and Visual Studio 2017.
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office15

Please search it according to your environment.

Regards,

Ashidacchi >> http://hokusosha.com/

Monday, March 5, 2018 11:33 PM
  • Hi ,

Our forum focus on the Microsoft Teams, based on your description, the problem is related to MS Visual Studio, so I moved this thread to the Visual Studio Tools for Office forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:01 AM
  • Hello Steven2005A,

Does AshidacchiH's suggestion work for you?

If it does, please mark helpful reply to close the thread.

If not, please follow up to let know the current state of the issue.

Besides, you could also try to check if visual studio could get the API from

Assemblies->Entensions->Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel

Or form

Com->Type Libraries->Microsoft Excel XX.0 Object Library

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:11 AM
  • hi Terry,

Thank you for your reply.

My question is why cannot I see Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel under Assemblies-> Extensions-> ?

I work in a team environment, and others can see it and we are using the same version of windows/VS/Office

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:55 PM
  • Hello Steven2005A,

I would suggest you try to go to control panel to repair or re-install the office.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 8:53 AM
  • I uninstalled office, and reinstalled MS office 2010 professional plus, and still CANNOT find folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office

where are the Office Primary Interop Assemblies?

please help

Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:39 PM
  • Hello Steven2005A,

Have you checked below folder?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office15

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 19, 2018 5:44 AM