none
Data Loading into Commerce Server 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• We have setup a commerce server 2009. Now we need to load the data from old legacy systems to the Commerce server.

Old Legacy systems are SQL SERVER and DB2.

So, I being a database guy and not familar with Commerce server 2009, can some one help me on the below please :

1.Can i load data from SQL server(of load legacy system) to sql server(of commerce server) using SSIS? If yes, please let me know the steps.

2.Can i load data from data files(from DB2 we get data in the form of files) to sql server(of commerce server) using SSIS?If yes, please let me know the steps.

3.where can i get the data model(list of tables and columns in a pictorial way) of the commerce server 2009?

I would really appreciate any help offered on this.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 4:21 PM

Answers

• For the Commerce Server catalog I recommend you use a BizTalk solution with the catalog adapter. I do not think that if you insert directly using SQL/SSIS it will build the index appropriately. The catalog tables are not documented that well and it is mostly guesswork about which tables need to be inserted for the catalog.

The best documentation I could find on the catalog tables is at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ee796586(v=CS.20).aspx#cs_dp_catalogreplication_mebv but this is for CommerceServer 2002 (very old now).

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:59 PM