none
ComExeption Error after upgrade to windows7 RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

I've developed app to manage some idustrial machine. To communicate with with machine devices I use component special components wchich I bougth from them.

Unfortunately It was some time ago and now they cannot support me. Everything is working fine under WinXP but under Win7 I get following error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled. I run this SW as administrator and I've disabled UAC but this takes no effect. Is there some additional security settings in Win7, or there is a bug in this CXProvider.dll ?

See the error dump.

ErrorCode=-2147467259
      Message="Utworzenie wystąpienia składnika modelu COM o identyfikatorze CLSID {74258670-A19A-11D3-AB2F-006008785C6A} z elementu IClassFactory nie powiodło się z powodu następującego błędu: 80004005."
      Source="mscorlib"
      StackTrace:
           w System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
           w System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
           w System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
           w System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
           w System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
           w CXProvider.Provider.Connect()
           w CXSLite.Server.Connect(String projectfile)
           w CXSLite.CXSLiteCtrl.Connect(String ProjectFile)
           w CXSLite.CXSLiteCtrl.Connect()
           w CXSLite.CXSLiteCtrl.IsDevice(String Device)
           w CXSLite.CXSLiteCtrl.ConnectToDevice(String Device)
           w CXSLite.CXSLiteCtrl.OpenDevice(String Device)
           w CxLiteTest.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) w C:\Projects\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\CxLiteTest\CxLiteTest\Form1.vb:wiersz 14
           w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
           w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
           w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
           w System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           w System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
           w Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
           w Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
           w Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
           w CxLiteTest.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) w 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:wiersz 81
           w System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
           w System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
           w Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
           w System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
           w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
           w System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      InnerException:

Regards.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Tech,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Based on the error code 80004005, so please check what it the class your program trying to create.

Did you compile your application in any cpu and run it in a x64 OS? Does this COM component support 64bit application?

If not, please try to compile this application in x86 and try again.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, November 26, 2012 12:59 PM

All replies

• 1) Hav you tried running the application under Compatibility Mode for Window XP? You can do this by creating a shortcut to the application executable, then right-clicking it and editing settings on the Compatibility tab.

2) Are you able to provide a translation into English for the error message?

Message="Utworzenie wystąpienia składnika modelu COM o identyfikatorze CLSID {74258670-A19A-11D3-AB2F-006008785C6A} z elementu IClassFactory nie powiodło się z powodu następującego błędu: 80004005."

"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." - Knuth

If I provoked thought, please click the green arrow

If I provoked Aha! please click Propose as Answer

Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:50 AM
  • Hi Tech,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Based on the error code 80004005, so please check what it the class your program trying to create.

Did you compile your application in any cpu and run it in a x64 OS? Does this COM component support 64bit application?

If not, please try to compile this application in x86 and try again.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, November 26, 2012 12:59 PM